Effective Date: 9/1/2023
BPM collects personally identifiable information that is voluntarily provided by visitors to the Site. BPM receives limited identifiable information, such as name, company name, job title, email address, and telephone number from website visitors. Typically, identifying information is collected when Site visitors ask to participate in mailing lists, register for events or podcasts, request downloadable content, engage with chatbot, or inquire for further information. If you are a client using our online client portal, you will be required to register by providing your company name, job title, email address and telephone number.
Our Careers page directs Site visitors as to how to apply for open positions at BPM and to submit information about themselves, their qualifications and their resumes. This page is operated by a trusted third party service provider that assists us with our staffing needs. Information collected includes phone number, email address, education and employment history which are required. It also includes diversity information such as gender, ethnicity, race, disability, sexual orientation, or military status which is voluntary. Such diversity information is anonymized and maintained separately from the job candidate records.
We also automatically collect information when you visit the Site including information about your device, such as your browser type and IP address, and statistics about how you use the Site including when you visit the Site and how you navigate through the Site.
We may allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our website. We may also permit third party service providers to place cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Use of Information
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement to which we are a party, assist you in completing a transaction or request, prepare and process invoices, respond to queries or requests, provide services and associated support, and resolve disputes.
- To provide customer relationship management, create and manage our accounts, notify you about changes to our services, and send you routine customer service messages, or information on updates.
- To offer our services to you in a personalized way, send you personalized marketing communications where your consent is not required, allow you to participate in questionnaires, contests and surveys and benefit from personalized promotional offers.
- To monitor quality control and ensure compliance with any and all applicable laws, regulations, codes and ordinances, for example, in response to a request from a court or regulatory body, where such request is made in accordance with the law.
- To help keep your account and our Site, business, services and premises safe and secure, and to prevent or detect malicious activity or abuses of our Site and services, for example, by requesting verification information in order to reset your account password (if applicable), and to prevent or detect fraud or illegal activity.
- To administer our Site and services, and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, to create products or services that may meet your needs, and to develop and improve our products and services.
BPM makes every practical effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data. Except for mailing lists and website inquiries described above, BPM will not use personal data collected from our Site to facilitate unsolicited marketing activities.
Disclosing Information to Third Parties
BPM may disclose information to unaffiliated third parties in the following circumstances:
- When explicitly requested by a visitor or when we have the visitor’s authorization or consent;
- To help complete a transaction or fulfil a Site visitor request such as to deliver publications or reference materials requested by a visitor or to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party;
- To facilitate our agents, outside vendors, or service providers’ performance of services they provide to us, such as payment processing, analytics and marketing assistance, and customer service;
- If the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, financing, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets); and
BPM’s website does not collect or compile personally identifying information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
Third Party Links
Personally identifiable information provided to BPM through its website is provided voluntarily by visitors. We provide instructions on the appropriate website area or in communications to our visitors should such visitors subsequently choose to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations.
Site visitors can update, amend or delete their information at any time by logging into their online client portal account or by emailing us at [email protected].
Site visitors can choose to delete or block cookies and similar technologies by setting their browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
BPM has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All BPM employees follow a network-wide security policy. Only authorized BPM personnel are provided access to personally identifiable information and these employees have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information. We may use standard encryption technology to protect information being transferred to our Site, but no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. If we receive instructions using your log-in information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
Data Processing and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Privacy Rights Notices to Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah
The California Consumer Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (CCPA), the Colorado Privacy Act, the Connecticut Personal Data Privacy Act, the Utah Consumer Privacy Act, and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act each provide certain rights to residents of the respective states. Please read our Privacy Rights Notice To Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah to learn about your rights and how to exercise them here:
Notice to Residents of the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area
If you are accessing our Site from the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have the following rights in certain circumstances:
– To request access to any personal information as defined in the applicable General Data Protection Regulation we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making;
- To obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- To request that personal information held about you be deleted;
- To prevent or restrict processing of your personal information; and
- To request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
This policy describes our legal basis for collecting and using personal information, including with your consent, to comply with our legal obligations, or when we have a lawful basis or legitimate interest where doing so does not override your data protection interests or fundamental rights.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, or object to the use of your personal information on these grounds, please contact us at the address provided under the “Questions or Concerns” heading below.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using BPM’s website please direct them to [email protected] or write to us at BPM LLP, 2001 North Main Street, Suite 360, Walnut Creek, CA 94596, Attn: Legal Department.
* BPM reserves the right to modify or amend this Statement at any time.