Technology and globalization have dramatically impacted the nature of commercial transactions. Today’s small and mid-sized companies are especially challenged to keep pace with the regulatory and reporting changes required of them.
Wherever you are in your business life cycle — startup, growth, mature, or rebrand phase — you may need occasional assistance with complicated accounting projects. This is especially true if you need additional financing or feel pressure from investors for an exit. These typically lead to internal conversations around an initial public offering (IPO), which involve more rigorous audits.
Technical Accounting Services
BPM’s IPO advisory and technical accounting function goes beyond traditional compliance services to provide accounting advisory. Our technical accounting services include:
- Analyzing the accounting and reporting implications of business transactions
- Assisting management through external audit and provide ongoing support
- Drafting of technical memorandums to support audit requirements
- Implementing new accounting standards (e.g., ASC 606, ASC 842, ASC 326)
- Accounting for complex debt and equity financings, modifications vs. extinguishments, and derivatives
- Assisting with business combination accounting (e.g., business vs. asset acquisitions and purchase price allocations)
- Consolidating complex accounting, including assessment of variable interest entities
- Converting U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or IFRS to U.S. GAAP
- Preparing financial statements and drafting disclosures (e.g., Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form S-1, Form S-4)