Family Office Services
Managing the most important business: Yours
From securing the financial future of succeeding generations to curating an art collection. From investing in a sports team to endowing a foundation. From navigating a major liquidity event or transitioning a business to managing social philanthropy or sailing a yacht around the world.
Every ultra-high-net-worth family’s financial goals are unique. Demands on a family office vary widely — while the family’s objective is to enjoy and grow its wealth. BPM can help.
Today’s family offices manage a range of functions, from investment tracking and accounting to budgeting and forecasting, from modeling the tax impact of planned acquisitions or divestitures to examining and reporting on a raft of diverse investments and measuring the impact of philanthropic activities. Alongside these activities, the family office enables and executes strategic planning, helping the family get where it wants to go.
Wealth brings complexity along with opportunity. At BPM, we understand that. Our goal is to simplify how your family office operates, allowing you to realize your objectives while family members achieve their dreams.
The dedicated members of BPM’s Family Office Services team help family offices develop and cater to the needs of the family it serves, seeking to ensure its financial well-being while simplifying financial management and lifting the burden of time-consuming tasks.
Our approach? Simple. Family first.
BPM’s Family Office professionals tailor our services to best address the financial goals of each specific family and its related businesses. For ultra-high-net-worth families, we often act as first-recourse advisors to the family office’s CFO. For other clients, we act as that personal CFO, providing financial oversight and planning while enabling the family’s life plan.
We keep our clients’ objectives in the forefront of everything we do. Our advisory and tax planning professionals advise on effective strategies and best practices for managing intergenerational wealth and related transfers, such as the sale of a family business, a pending liquidity event, or managing estates and trusts. Additionally, our professionals model the impact of high-value transactions, such as asset purchases or divestitures of real estate, aircraft, private recreational vessels, and fine art and collectibles.
Managing the basics — enhanced to meet your needs
BPM’s Family Office team offers comprehensive back-end financial management services to allow your team to focus on strategy and planning. Accounting across diversified portfolios is complex, and each family member may have their own personal priorities — requiring different types of reports and different levels of access to portfolio review.
BPM’s Family Office Services team integrates a full range of services. We act as trusted advisors by convening all the family’s advisors to collaborate on and collectively execute the family’s plan.
- We help families to establish and meet legacy goals, plan wealth transfers, execute charitable giving and consult on philanthropic plans.
- We manage accounting and systems, internal audits and controls, and compliance reporting.
- We facilitate relationships and communications with different advisors and service providers, including brokerage and investment firms, as well as private equity and venture capital partnerships.
- We provide personal accounting services, including financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and spending plans, cashflow analysis and real-time tracking.
- We educate family members, including the next generation, on wealth planning, investment and financial management, and philanthropy.
We also provide specific solutions as needed, including:
- Cash flow modeling for capital calls, estimate taxes and real estate taxes.
- Net worth statements for estate planning, investing and lines of credit.
- Financial statement audits and compliance filings.
- Tax planning and compliance.
- Treasury management, reconciliation and bank coordination.
- CFO services.
- Succession planning.
- Software consulting and optimal financial system configuration.
- Insurance reviews and coordination.
- Automated bill-pay and cash management.
- Household staff payroll management, and compensation and benefits administration.
Our technology solutions automate key tasks, streamline functions, simplify reporting and tracking performance, and increase speed and efficiency. You gain more insight into your family’s and its businesses’ finances while improving functionality and right-sizing your systems and annualized software spend
From front-end relationship management and strategic wealth planning to back-end financial management, accounting and tax services. From compliance management to bill-pay and payroll. BPM’s Family Office Services team helps family offices meet a wide range of financial management needs.
Alongside these services, we bring the added value of BPM’s experienced private client services team, tax and accounting advisors and BPM’s deep bench of more than 1,200 people.