Certified B Corp
B Corps are for-profit companies dedicated to using business as a force for good.
Companies that have earned this certification are leaders in the global movement for an inclusive, equitable and regenerative economy. To become a B Corp, BPM passed a rigorous assessment to prove we meet the highest standards for socially responsible business.
By The Numbers
B Corps worldwide
Overall B Impact score above the current median score of 50.9 for other businesses who complete the assessment
B Corp certified accounting firms in the U.S. (as of certification date)
At BPM, we hold ourselves to a high standard of corporate responsibility. We are very serious about our commitment to helping our colleagues, clients and communities achieve success in work and in life – Because People Matter. While we know that putting people and the planet first is smart for business, we also believe this is simply the right thing to do.
“This certification is an important milestone in our journey of accountability, transparency and simply doing the right thing. The culture and corresponding effort that helped us to become a B Corp are not new. Since our founding more than 36 years ago, BPM’s colleagues have made a difference – not just to each other, but to our clients, communities, profession and environment.”
Jim Wallace, CEO
Through cultivating a diverse and inclusive business environment, fostering leadership opportunities for women and members of underrepresented communities, and implementing a values-driven culture, we’ve made a positive impact not only on our colleagues, but on our clients, communities, profession and environment. We’ve demonstrated that we’re determined to go further and do more through the launch of our ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) practice.
Earning the B Corp Certification gives BPM third-party verification that we are living these values in a meaningful and measurable way. While the B Corp certification is an important milestone, the culture that led us here goes back to our founding nearly 40 years ago and is ingrained in our DNA. We are proud of where we are today and looking forward to where we are headed tomorrow.
Happy B Corp Birthday!
Birthdays offer a perfect opportunity for reflection, celebration and dreaming about what we can do to make the next year even better.
Here are a few highlights from our first year as a B Corp:
- Grew our ESG practice to help our clients live their values, meet their goals, and work towards an inclusive, equitable and regenerative economy.
- Gave back to our communities through BPM Community Month and BPM Day volunteer activities, held throughout North America and in Bengaluru, India.
- Offered new and innovative colleague-centric benefits, including Wellable, flex PTO and Donde for travel savings.
- Conducted the BPM Pulse Check to measure colleague engagement and discover opportunities to deepen connections and improve the BPM experience.
- Launched four additional Colleague Resource Groups to bring colleagues together, offer support and foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Continued the expansion of our Virtual Region, now nearly 700 colleagues strong and demonstrating that great work can happen anywhere!
- Implemented our Transparent Approach to Pricing to improve the client experience.
- Unveiled our new brand built around our Because People Matter brand promise.
- Planted over 3,500 trees in national forests damaged by wildfires to revive these areas, create critical habitats for wildlife, improve watershed health and protect water resources.
So much to celebrate! Thank you for being part of this exciting journey. We at BPM walk this path with great pride and will only go further together. We can’t wait to see what’s possible in year two.
BPM Partners with Arbor Day Foundation
To celebrate BPM’s certification, BPM has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant thousands of trees as a living tribute to our Colleagues’ dedication to the B Corp mission. Restoration efforts will take place in the Angeles National Forest in California, completing reforestation efforts in an area devastated by the Sand Fire in 2016. These efforts will help rehabilitate watersheds above the cities of Los Angeles and Santa Clarita. This partnership will also support restoration efforts in the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest in Oregon, where work is underway to improve water quality and reduce erosion along three key waterways. Additionally, these forests provide critical habitat for wildlife and endangered species, such as the California spotted owl, elk and various fish species.