BPM takes diversity, equity, and inclusion seriously. Every day we strive to empower a culture that supports and encourages colleagues of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations to feel comfortable expressing their authentic self.
Our long-standing Inclusion Now! (IN!) initiative is a strong component of our people-focused culture. Its mission is to create programs that reinforce a culture of belonging where unique experiences, ideas, knowledge, and perspectives are encouraged openly and respectfully.
In an effort to foster a more diverse, equitable and inclusive business environment that enables
people to be successful in work and in life, we continue to expand IN! every year.
Some of our recent activities include:
Diversifying our IN! Committee to accurately represent BPM team members and our communities
- Highlighting our support of all minority groups, including LGBTQIA+ and non-binary team members
- Enabling colleagues with commonalities to meet and support each other and help foster a diverse, inclusive workplace through Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs)
- Launching four new Colleague Resource Groups: a Black CRG, an Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) CRG, an LGBTQIA+ CRG, and a Women’s CRG
- Aligning with and supporting organizations led by women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups in our communities.
- Establishing diversity and inclusion key performance indicators (KPIs) and regularly analyzing them to prove our efforts and initiatives are working
Who We Work With Matters
We are committed to promoting the values of diversity and belonging not only within our own ranks, but also in our vendor and client networks. We are working to establish a criteria for vendor selection and management that includes minority-owned businesses and demographic allocation to diversify our vendor base.
Of our workplace is made up of women
Of our Board is made up of diverse backgrounds
Of our women partners identify as minorities
Fostering a Diversity Within Our Teams
We are dedicated to creating a safe space for our colleagues to share their honest opinions, so all team members feel valued and heard. That means bringing more diverse voices into our firm and empowering them to learn, grow, and lead.
- Multicultural employees represent more than 30 different countries and speak 21 different languages.
- 57% of the our workforce, 20% of the Management Committee, and 27% of our partners are women
- Leadership regularly shares best practices in diversity, inclusion, and equity, as well as how to attract women and minorities into the C-suite
- Partnerships are being built with historically black colleges and Black student alliances to recruit talented people of color across all levels of the firm