Carolyn is a Partner of Tax at BPM. She has over thirty years of experience in tax planning, research and tax compliance. She focuses her practice on minimizing federal and state tax liabilities, stock option planning, estate planning, preparation of tax projections, analyzing alternatives, identifying and researching complex tax issues, and representing clients before the IRS and Franchise Tax Board. She represents individual, trust, estate, nonprofit, corporate and pass-through entities in industries ranging from public charities and private foundations to software, professional services, high-tech, biotech, venture capital and real estate management.
Carolyn Amster holds an active CPA license in California.
Carolyn once trapped a bat using a trash can and a tennis racket.
- Treasurer, Board of Directors – Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo
- Board of Philanthropy Advisory – Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member – California Society of CPAs (CalCPA)
- Member – Menlo College, School of Business Advisory Board
- Past Board Member – Board of Governors, University of San Francisco Law School
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Graduate of Leadership San Francisco (LSF)
BS/Business Administration – Menlo College
LLM/Taxation – Golden Gate University
JD – University of San Francisco
Thought Leadership from Carolyn AmsterSee All
Bring us your biggest challenges. We’ll build you custom solutions that put your people first.Contact Us