With over 35 years of public accounting experience, Jim is BPM’s Chief Executive Officer and serves on the Firm’s Board of Directors and Management Committee. During his tenure, he helped lead the Firm through the expansion of service lines, multiple business combinations, as well as significant organic growth. Prior to joining BPM, Jim was the Chief Operating Officer at Rehmann, where he served in a similar role.
As CEO of BPM, Jim focuses his attention on leading strategic initiatives that raise the Firm’s national prominence through its expansion into new markets, concentration on specialty services and business combinations in key markets. Through his leadership and commitment to “Because People Matter,” the Firm continues to be recognized as a Best Place to Work and serve clients.
In addition to his executive role, Jim also leads the Firm’s Inclusion Now! Committee, a BPM program focused on opportunities that enhance gender and minority diversity in leadership roles within the Firm and profession. Jim also serves on the AICPA Woman’s Initiative Executive Committee (WIEC), whose mission is to promote and support the success of women for the broader purpose of sustaining the profession by creating an inclusive environment, increasing talent engagement and leadership opportunities for women.
He serves on the Board of Directors of the Bay Area Council, Allinial Global Americas Region Board of Directors, Golden Gate University Board of Trustees and the Ageno School of Business Advisory Board. In addition, Jim will join the AICPA Council in 2021.
Recognized within the community for his effective leadership and business acumen, Jim is often asked to speak on various topics, including diversity inclusion and belonging, gender equity, success-based leadership and innovation.
Jim Wallace holds an active CPA license in California and Michigan.
Outside of his role as CEO, Jim likes spending time with his family, working in the garden, renovating his old house and taking road trips in the family’s RV.
- Board Member — Allinial Global Americas Region
- Board Member — Bay Area Council
- Board Member — The Ageno School of Business Advisory Board
- Member — American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member — California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member — Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Incoming Member — AICPA Counsel
- Member — San Francisco Business Times Leadership Trust
- Former Co-Chair and Member — Saginaw Chamber of Commerce Leadership Diversity Committee
- Former Board Member — Catholic Diocese of Saginaw
- Former Board Member and Chair — Saginaw Area Catholic Schools
- Former Board Member and President — Nouvel Catholic High School
BS/Business Administration and Accounting — Aquinas College