Mark has devoted over 15 years of experience to entrepreneurial companies.
As an Assurance Partner, his services include audits, reviews and agreed-upon procedures for public and private companies. Mark leads BPM’s Real Estate Industry Group, where he works with private equity funds, REITS, developers and construction companies. He also focuses on serving companies in the technology and emerging technology spaces.
As an Advisory Partner, Mark oversees RE-Books, a consulting and advisory accounting practice focused on real estate enterprise and fund accounting. RE-Books is a fully-integrated accounting back and front office solution.
Mark enjoys the opportunity to advise, as well as opine, on many technical areas, including land and building acquisitions, lessee and lessor accounting, specialized revenue recognition, complex equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance and initial public offerings.
Mark Leverette holds an active CPA license in California.
Mark was the Captain of the UCLA Ski Team, and got his start in accounting at Kirkwood Ski Resort after university.
- President of the Board of Directors – San Francisco Real Estate Exchange (SFREX)
- Treasurer of the Board of Directors – Future Scientist Organization
- Treasurer Emeritus − Board of Directors of the Young People’s Symphony Orchestra
- Mentor – Center for Entrepreneurship, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
- Active Member − UCLA Alumni Association
- Active Member – California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Active Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
BA/Business Economics & Accounting – University of California, Los Angeles
Specializations in Accounting and Business – London School of Economics