Daniel is a Partner in Assurance at BPM, where he leads the Nonprofit and FinTech industry groups and serves on the Management Committee. Daniel’s career started at BPM, and for nearly 20 years he has helped the Firm and his clients grow and succeed.
Daniel’s nonprofit experience includes working extensively with fair value and alternative investments, the Uniform Guidance and Single Audits, significant endowments and UPMIFA, tax-exempt debt, planned giving, partnership accounting, program-related investments, New Markets Tax Credits, gifts-in-kind, crypto/digital currency and significant capital campaigns.
He is deeply involved in serving nonprofit organizations and works with private foundations, social enterprises, trade associations, arts and culture, advocacy and political organizations, private schools, community foundations and higher education.
As leader of BPM’s FinTech practice, Daniel is a thought leader in blockchain, digital asset and cryptocurrency. His clients include marketplace and peer-to-peer lenders, crypto/digital currency and other FinTech companies. He also serves other financial services institutions such as broker-dealers, investment banks, registered investment advisors (RIA), venture capital funds, private equity funds, mortgage pools and hedge funds.
Daniel is a nationally-recognized speaker and presenter. He actively presents for the AICPA, CalCPA, and at other conferences and trade associations on a variety of topics, including blockchain, planned giving, endowments, capital campaigns, accounting updates, among others.
Daniel Figueredo holds an active CPA license in California and New York.
Daniel loves to travel and spent several months in Australia for BPM’s exchange program. He also visited Cuba while studying abroad, where he received an address from President Fidel Castro.
- Member and Former Treasurer – The Guardsmen
- Board Member – Northern California Planned Giving Council (Treasurer)
- Board of Governors – The Online Lending Policy Institute (Treasurer)
- Council Member and Audit Committee Chair – CalCPA
- Conference Committee – AICPA Governmental and Not-for-Profit Conference
- Co-Chair – CalCPA Not-for-Profit Organizations Conference
- Conference Committee – NCPGC Planned Giving Conference
- Accounting Advisory Board – University of San Francisco
- Former Board Member – Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute
- Former Finance Committee – San Francisco Performances
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Top 40 Under 40 – CPA Practice Advisor
- Leadership San Francisco – Class of 2016
BA/Accounting and Finance – University of San Francisco