Global investments into the FinTech sector have grown from less than $1 billion in Q2 2010 to nearly $3 billion in Q1 2015.
Both venture capitalists and Wall Street are rushing into the space, investing almost $14 billion over the last 12 months, according to CB Insights.
From payment processors to funding platforms to crypto currencies, innovative financial technologies are enabling companies to access markets and operate at scale much earlier than what was possible even just a few years ago. However, the rapid evolution of these technologies is forcing governments and companies to answer strategic questions and address regulatory issues regarding security, customer experience, and industry dynamics to ensure a safe and robust market environment.
Our Financial Services Industry group provides comprehensive financial and business counsel to platforms, investors, and service providers across the country. We work with early-stage and emerging clients from day one to establish a strong foundation.
Areas We Serve:
- ATM processing, hardware/software
- Capital markets – Exchanges, trading & risk management, trading platforms and facilitators, securities processing, risk management, investment management
- Financial Information Services
- Online and alternative lending – Traditional lending, encryption technology, peer-to-peer lending, consumer and business loans, mortgages and debt relief lenders
- Payment processing – Cryptocurrencies, networks, processors, prepayment cards, e-commerce money transfer
With full-service capabilities in audit, tax and consulting, we possess in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry – its key processes, challenges surrounding growth and performance, regulatory compliance and governance and the many other complex accounting and reporting issues you face. Our group’s collective experience representing a diverse client base in the financial services industry allows us to serve as experts in tech-enabled lending. We specialize in auditing and technical accounting, mergers and acquisitions, tax planning, student lending, Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting and IPO readiness.
We have over 100 dedicated tax professionals who assist private and public companies on an array of services ranging from international, state and local tax to compensation planning. Our professionals also provide counsel on entity structuring and formation and perform the ongoing upkeep to support that entity, including tax preparation, regulatory filings, evaluations of partner allocations, basis determinations and ownership-interest transfers.
- Due Diligence
- Enterprise Risk Management
- FINRA & SEC Regulation and Compliance
- Information Security
- IT Audit including SSAE 18 (formerly SSAE 16, SAS 70)
- IT Compliance
- Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credits
- Tax Credit Incentives
Partnership with Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI)
BPM is the first CPA firm to serve as a resource partner to CFSI’s Financial Solutions Lab, a virtual lab focused on identifying, testing and bringing to scale promising innovations that help Americans increase savings, improve credit and build assets. As a FinLab partner, BPM provides mentorship and technical assistance to Lab companies.