Sandy has over 30 years of experience in tax return preparation, planning and research. His experience includes maximizing net worth and minimizing taxes, while helping clients with Incentive Stock Options (ISOs) tax planning. Sandy regularly helps individuals with planning for the sale or acquisition of Qualified Small Business Stock (QSBS), treating losses from Sec 1244 stock and assessing the tax implications of proposed transactions. His background also includes preparing tax projections, as well as identifying and researching complex tax issues.
Sandy’s practice is concentrated on assisting ultra-high-net-worth families with yearly income tax planning and life-long estate planning. He has represented clients from a variety of industries including financial services, professional services, high-tech and real estate in the form of sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations and LLCs.
Sandy Murray holds an active CPA license in California.
Sandy finished in second place for the male team in the 2003 Marin Adventure Race Triathlon, and secured back-to-back second place finishes in the 2009 and 2010 Napa Valley Triathlon. From 2004 to 2009, he participated in the Escape from the Rock Triathlon, and in the 2005 & 2006 (and return 2014) Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. He also regularly participates in the Dipsea Race, the oldest trail run in the country.
- Member – Taxation Committee, CalCPA, San Francisco Chapter
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member – California Society of CPAs (CalCPA)
- Board of Directors – Homeowners Association, Strawberry Vista
- Past Board of Directors – Mill Valley Soccer Club
- Past Member – Tamalpais High School Drug and Alcohol Task Force
- Past Treasurer – Marin FC Alliance
BA/Business Economics, Accounting – University of California, Santa Barbara