With more than 15 years of experience in complex financial advisory, and a primary focus on valuation services, Moyer has led hundreds of business and asset valuations in his career with substantial industry experience in technology, life science, professional services, food and beverage, digital assets, manufacturing, and consumer business, among others. Moyer’s valuation experience includes M&A and IPO preparation and support, fairness and solvency opinions, and litigation support and dispute resolution, among other high impact analyses. Moyer has grown and developed BPM’s Valuation team, which is a key part of BPM Advisory’s Corporate Finance Group.
Kemp was active in the community as a high school football coach for 15 years, including five years as head coach at Alameda High School, and has a passion for providing mentorship and development to young people.
- Fairness Opinion (Pleasanton, CA and Tokyo, Japan): Consumer product company seeking a third-party fairness opinion to complete a minority shareholder buyout transaction, which includes regulatory scrutiny. The fairness opinion has been processed by multiple parties including regulators and the transaction is currently pending.
- Fairness Opinion (San Diego, CA and New York, NY): Adult advanced degree university sought recapitalization. Majority owner required a fairness opinion in order to recapitalize and ensure fairness to minority shareholders. Recapitalization transaction has closed.
- IPO Preparation for Successful IPO (South San Francisco, CA): Life sciences company prepared and successfully achieved its IPO. BPM valuation provided 409A, ASC 842 incremental borrowing rate (IBR) analyses, embedded derivative analysis, and management discussion & analysis (MD&A) support. Client successfully completed their listing on the NASDAQ exchange.
- Minority Shareholder Buyout (Mountain View, CA). Industrial services provider. Controlling owners utilized valuation and consulting services for buyout of multiple minority shareholders. Transaction has closed.
- SPAC Preparation for Successful de-SPAC (Santa Clara, CA): Technology company prepared and successfully achieved a public listing via SPAC/de-SPAC. BPM valuation provided 409A, convertible note analyses, share class premium analysis and MD&A support. Client successfully completed their comprehensive SPAC process and are listed on the NASDAQ exchange.
- Transaction Support for a Large Private Equity Rollup in the Technology Space (San Francisco, CA): BPM valuation provided substantial support for post-transaction valuation and accounting as well as ASC 842 IBR, 409A, and contingent performance liability analyses. Client continues to progress towards a planned public company liquidity event.
- Shareholder Buyout Analyses for a Construction Management Services Company (Walla Walla, WA): BPM provided valuation support for the buyout of multiple partnership interests.”
- Communications Chair/Board Member – ASQ East Bay Section
- Member – American Society for Quality
- Member – National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Member – Association for Corporate Growth
- Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- 2020 40 Under Forty – National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Bay Area High School Coach of the Year – NFL/Oakland Raiders
BA/Organizational Studies and Communication, Economics Minor – University of California, Davis