Educational institutions, including colleges and universities, face many challenges as they find themselves confronted by the fragile economic environment.
These challenges include constricted budgets, decreasing donor contributions, declining enrollment due to increasing competition, and inability to raise tuition in line with increasing costs. These financial challenges are forcing educational institutions to implement unexpected changes in their strategic and financial plans.
BPM is dedicated to providing exceptional service that aligns with the evolving needs and concerns of its clients by staying ahead of changing regulatory and tax compliance rules. With BPM, you will find a true alternative to the “business as usual” approach. Our experienced Nonprofit team will provide you the long-term solutions you need to ensure the future of your educational institution. We provide timely advice and best practices on accounting, internal controls, grant and federal funding compliance, and tax-related matters. We are passionate about serving public and private institutions of higher education and have extensive experience in providing the following services:
- Accounting software recommendations
- Audits – including retirement plans
- Benchmarking and dashboards
- Board fiduciary responsibilities and governance
- Budgets and cash flow projections
- Business and strategic planning
- Evaluation of internal control systems and related remediation assistance
- Financial projections and model development
- Network design and development
- OMB Circular A-133 audits of Federal Funding
- Risk assessment
- Tax planning and compliance