Jackie has over 25 years of experience in public accounting, seven of which she spent at an international tax firm, and she is the practice group leader of BPM’s Walnut Creek Tax Practice and a former board member. She specializes in tax compliance and planning for real estate investors, and she works with private equity funds, family offices and startup real estate businesses. Jackie is experienced with the tax provisions and uncertainties related to the Opportunity Zones and is in the process of assisting clients in positioning themselves to launch funds. Jackie advises clients on sale of business transactions, partnership restructuring and analyzing the impact of the 2017 Tax Cut & Jobs Act. Jackie is responsible for serving real estate clients whose assets under management range between $5M to $500M. She is also responsible for managing BPM’s Flow-Through Group within the tax practice.
Yasuko (Jackie) Matsumura holds an active CPA license in California.
Proficient in Japanese, golfer and once a classical piano major.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 2020-2021 BPM Real Estate Certification – Platinum Level
- Co-Chair – Real Estate Industry Group
- Board Member – CREW East Bay
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member – California Society of CPAs (CalCPA)
BS/Business Administration – Sophia University (Tokyo, Japan)