Rich is a Certified Public Accountant licensed to practice in California and New York. He has over 30 years of experience; the first 20 years were with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Rich focuses his practice on tax planning and income tax preparation for individuals. His experience includes minimizing federal and state tax liabilities, income tax projections and analyzing alternatives, identifying and researching complex tax issues, representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service and Franchise Tax Board.
Additionally, Rich presents seminars to educate employees of companies on tax planning and compliance issues related to qualified small business stock (QSBS), stock options and the effect of ISOs on alternative minimum tax. Current clients include founders and early employees of technology companies, high-net-worth individuals, corporate executives, stock option holders, venture capitalists and retirees.
Rich McDonnell holds an active CPA license in California, New Jersey and New York.
Rich lived and worked in Japan from 1995 to 2000; played Lacrosse in college; scuba dives in places such as Micronesia for Wreck dives, the Great Barrier Reef, the Bahamas for Shark dives, and any other warm water diving he can find. Most importantly, he is the proud Dad of his two growing boys and the Community Outreach Liaison Leader for the Firm.
Certified Public Accountant
- Board Member, Officer/Past President 2015/2016, ABC Mixer Chair – CalCPA Peninsula Silicon Valley Chapter
- Member – Holy Family School Financial Counsel
- Past Chair, Current Committee Member – BSA Holy Family Pack 286 Leadership Committee
- Member – Community Leadership San Jose
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member – California, New York and New Jersey Societies of CPAs
- Past Member – Palo Alto Business Forum
- Past Board Member – Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Bergen County, New Jersey
BBA/Public Accounting – Pace University, Westchester, New York