Paul serves an Of Counsel role with BPM, assisting in supervising a staff of CPAs that specialize in income, estate and other taxes including payroll, property, and sales and use taxes.
Paul is personally involved with estate planning and compliance for high net worth individuals and estates. He has industry experience with professional service organizations, nonprofits, retail, wholesale distribution, manufacturing, real estate investment and construction.
Prior to 2004, Paul was sole shareholder of Paul P. Scholz CPA Inc., A Professional Corporation. He had a staff of five and was located in the Bixby Knolls area of Long Beach between 1993 and 2004.
Prior to establishing Paul P. Scholz CPA Inc., APC, he was a manager of tax compliance for CalFed Bank for eight years, ending in 1993. While there, he was responsible for the filing of consolidated federal and multi-state income tax returns for approximately three dozen affiliates, operating in twelve states. The companies within the group included bank holding companies, real estate developers, mortgage brokers and insurance companies.
Paul Scholz holds an active CPA license in California.
Outside of the office, you can find Paul hunting, fishing, scuba diving, or volunteering his time with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Accredited in Business Valuation, AICPA
- Member – California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Former Member – IRS Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC)
- Associate Member – Professional Fiduciary Association of California (PFAC)
- Board Member – Golden Gate University LA, Tax Advisory
- Board Member – Rotary Club of Long Beach 2015-2019
- Treasurer – Rotary Club of Long Beach 2015-2019
- BS/Accounting – California State University
- MS/Business Taxation – Golden Gate University