Even in the rapidly evolving market for Adaptive Case Management technologies, it is still rare to find approaches which address the true goal-driven requirements of case management rather than simply extending the procedural orientation of traditional Business Process Management System (BPMS) technologies to address unanticipated events. IActive IT (Intelligent Technologies) is such a vendor. We first learned of IActive when they won the WfMC Global Award for Excellence in Case Managementin 2012 and then again in 2014, as well as when they received the Gartner Cool Vendor Award in Business Process Management. Among our analyst team it is important that we remain impartial, and as a matter of policy we have never endorsed any single product or vendor (nor are we going to do so today).
Since the earliest days of the BPM market, Fujitsu has been a leading innovator in delivering Web-based process management frameworks, including pioneering one of first truly n-tier, pure Java BPMS platforms. Today Fujitsu offers Fujitsu Interstage Business Operations Platform (“Interstage BOP”), a unified, multi-tier platform built on J2SE (Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition) technology combining composite application development capabilities with robust integration and data-driven BPM. This architecture provides a highly-scalable run-time environment, deployable on-premise and in the cloud, supporting both multi-tenant (hosted solution by Fujitsu) and private cloud configurations.
EMC Documentum xCP 2.1 is a next generation solution development platform designed for quickly building and deploying smart apps to support information-intensive processes and decision-making.
Notable key features of Documentum xCP 2.1 include:
- Support for Big Data – leveraging Pivotal Greenplum Database for actionable analytics and real-time visibility across processes and Big Data sets.
- Content Intelligence – out-of-the-box capabilities for analyzing unstructured content and automated metadata extraction.
- Cloud-ready Architecture and Supporting Services – ready-to-go support for deploying to the EMC OnDemand cloud environment.
- Mobile Development Platform – rich library of language and device independent RESTful services.
- Business Alert – monitoring and reporting on all business event data and historic user queries.
- Unified Process Development Environment – enhanced BPM development environment and design-time capabilities specifically tuned to delivering an optimized User Experience.
Verint® Systems (NASDAQ: VRNT) is a global firm focused on delivering solutions defined by Actionable Intelligence™ – combining analytics with specific capabilities designed to enable its customers to capture, analyze and act on customer and operational data to achieve better business outcomes. Verint Systems’ solutions are used at over 80% of the Fortune 100 and across more than 10,000 customers worldwide. Today the majority of its total business (58% of revenues in 2013) is composed of its Enterprise Intelligence division, which consists of practice areas focused on support back-office operations, contact centers, retail branches, and a Voice of the Customer set of analytics solutions.
Recently the BPM.com team was provided with a comprehensive demonstration of the latest release, version 3.0, of Process Director from BP Logix. This was not a literal introduction, as we have had the opportunity to explore Process Director through prior briefings by BP Logix, as well as through working independently with two key customers. This has allowed us to understand both the potential value and the differentiating features offered by Process Director historically, as well as provide us with a unique appreciation of the critical milestones achieved with the V 3.0 release.